During these 25 years he has been working in association with leading law firms in Athens, and has worked as an in-house legal counsel for two international shipping houses.
His expertise lies in Ship Financing Law, in Shipping Law (especially sale and purchase, ship and cargo insurance, claims and chartering) in Commercial Law (especially in setting up and establishing companies and in joint venture agreements) as well as in Real Estate Law. During the last 15 years he has been advising first-class Greek and UK banks on matters of ship finance and international shipping houses on matters relating to Shipping Law. He speaks Greek, English, and French.
He is currently giving lectures and seminars at the University of Piraeus and the College of the Hellenic American University in Athens relating to Shipping and English Law.
- Law Degree (First Class) - University of Thrace, School of Law (1990)
- LL.M. in Commercial (Banking & Shipping) Law - University of Bristol (1992)
Areas of expertise
- Shipping Law
- Maritime Labour Law
- Ship Financing
- Joint Ventures - Commercial Law
- Banking Law
- Real Estate Law
- “The One-man Company” (in Greek), article published in “Athens School of Law Review”, the Law Review of the Law School of the University of Athens, issue 11 (June 1991)
- “The freedom to provide services in maritime transport” (in Greek), article published in “Maritime Law Review (Vol 26/1998, p. 257)